The following must be read before making an application for a Funza Lushaka bursary for 2021
- Should you have a criminal record, charged of misconduct or dismissed from work, kindly note that you are not eligible to apply for this bursary
- Allocation of Funza Lushaka bursaries to Higher Education Institution employees, their spouse and their dependents/children is not permissible.
- Non-disclosure of the information required as stated in 2 above will be treated as fraud.
- Applicants should be 30 years and below to qualify for the Funza Lushaka Bursary.
- This online application is a MUST. No hard copies are accepted by the programme.
To access, register and apply for the Funza Lushaka Bursary the following 9 easy steps should be followed:
- Open the e-Gov portal at www.eservices.gov.za
- Register by providing personal information
- Login to the system using user name and password created when registering
- On the e-Services Menu select Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme
- Enter the OTP received on the preferred channel
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- On the dashboard menu click on the 2021 application button
- Follow the steps to complete the required field with your information
- Accept the declaration to confirm the information captured
What the bursary covers: Funza Lushaka bursaries cover most of the recipient’s essential expenses. Expenses covered include tuition fees, accommodation including meals, books and learning materials, teaching practice and if possible a small allowance for monthly living expenses.
The allocation to any individual student is capped at a specific value. Where the university charges more than the capped value the bursars will have to top up from their own funds. Universities have different cost structures, so the total value of a bursary differs from institution to institution.