The purpose is to provide on board training to South African Cadets who wish to pursue a career in Port Operations. The engineering cadets will be expected to ensure the timeous completion of their training record books and ultimately qualify as Chief Engineer Port Operations.
NB. Preference will be given to unemployed South African citizens
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend all required training;
- To complete the training record books in the prescribed time;
- Use all opportunities to gain knowledge and experience in the operation and maintenance of all equipment on board the vessels and ship board routine;
- Obtain the Chief <750kW and/or Chief Port Operations Unlimited qualification in the stipulated time frame.
- Assist with repair and maintenance tasks as required;
The following Apprenticeship programmes are open for applications:
Maritime Apprenticeship Engineering Programme x 6
- Good health;
- Minimum of all S3 subjects in Marine Engineering (preference may be given to candidates who completed the National Diploma: Marine Engineering)
- Copy of final results to be provided.
- Preference will be given to unemployed and people with previous sea going experience.
- Fluent in English, written and oral;
Maritime Apprenticeship Deck Programme x 4
- SAMSA eye test;
- Good health;
- ND Maritime Studies Deck cadets who successfully completed S1,S2,S3 & S4;
- Copy of your S1,S2,S3 and S4 results to be provided;
How to Apply
Submit the following Documents:
- Curriculum Vitae with covering letter;
- Certified copy of your South African ID;
- Copy of your Matric results;
Forward a detailed CV, accompanied by certified copies of your ID and qualification(s) as well as contactable & traceable referees, to: firstname.lastname@example.org