Premier’s Office Work Experience Internships for 2021
The Premier’s Office Advancement of Youth (PAY) Programme aims to create the opportunity for matriculants to gain workplace experience. The internship allows for a year of mentoring, decision-making about a future career, on-the-job training and exposure to skills training and development to make the intern more employable.
Annually, applications open for Matric First Work Experience PAY Internship Opportunities. The programme provides matriculants between the ages of 17-24 with work experience and training.
- 24 years old or younger.
- wrote and passed the National Senior Certificate (NSC) in the Western Cape in 2020.
- not going to study further in 2021.
- South African citizen, residing in the Western Cape.
- no support network to help you make informed career choices.
- not sure of your next step after school.
- financially constrained (household income less than R350,000 p/a)
- no work experience
What will you achieve?
- Work experience in the public sector.
- Contactable references for your brand new CV.
- A set of skills and experiences that will make you more marketable and employable.
- A year in which to make informed career choices together with a network to back it up.
How to apply
- If you don’t have an email address, create one at a free email site like Gmail or Yahoo. You will need it to apply.
- You must register on the South African Youth Network before you can apply. This platform is administered by Harambee: https://sayouth.mobi/p/WCDoTP/o/64769
- Once you have registered successfully, you’ll be able to apply.
We’ll be verifying each applicant’s National Senior Certificate (NSC) results with the Western Cape Education Department as well as any other relevant documentation.
Applicants will only be appointed once they’ve passed a security check, which includes having their fingerprints taken.