To qualify for RDP House you must:
– Be a South African citizen.
– Be contractually capable.
– Be married or habitually cohabit with a partner.
– Be single and have financial dependants.
– Earn less than R3500.01 per month per household.
– Be a first time government subsidy recipient.
– Be a first time home owner.
– Single Military Veterans without financial dependant.
Q. What are the essential documents that I must have to qualify?
– Applicant and spouse’s Identity Documents
– Birth certificates of children
– Proof of income if working. (Salary Slip)
Q. Where can I apply for a Government Housing Subsidy?
Provincial Department of Human Settlements
How To Check My RDP House Status
You can check the status of your RDP house by calling 0800 146 873 or sending an email to email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can confirm the progress by visiting your nearest Housing Provincial office with Form C. If the house is ready for occupancy, the housing department will contact you to sign a happy letter and hand you the title deed and house keys!
Note: Remember to inform the Satellite Office if there is any change in your;
- Residential and postal details
- Your health status
- Your working status (if you find or lose your job).
You have finally understood everything about RDP House and even with that, I know you have some questions in mind which you would like to ask, but don’t worry we’ll outline some of your questions here.