Nursing Applications for 2023 intake (Department of Health Bursary)
Applicants are invited to apply to the Gauteng College of Nursing to study towards the Diploma in Nursing in 2023 at one of the following College campuses:
- Ann Latsky Campus
- Chris Hani Baragwanath Campus
- SG Lourens Campus
- Bonalesedi Campus.
- Must be a South African citizen.
- You must be in possession of one of the following school leaving certificates:
- Senior Certificate (Grade 12),
- National Senior Certificate (Grade 12),
- Currently in Grade 12
- National Vocational Certificate Primary Health
The following subject criteria are required:
- English HG D or SG C,
- Biology HG D or SG C,
- Mathematics HG D or SG C
- and an M score of 17
National Senior Certificate:
- English Level 4,
- Life Sciences Level 4,
- Mathematics Level 4 or Maths Literacy Level 5,
- and an APS of 27 or more (Life Orientation counts half the score)
National Vocational Certificate:
- 50% in Fundamental Subjects (English First Additional Language, Maths/Maths Literacy, Life Orientation)
- 60% in the Vocational Subjects (SA Health Care System, Public Health, The Human Body and Mind and Community Oriented Primary Care)
Current Grade 12 learners
- Must meet the National Senior Certificate requirements in their Grade 11 final results.
Skills and Competencies:
- Problem-solving ability
- Ability to relate to people
- Organisational ability
- Leadership ability
- Calmness during a crisis
- Communication, numeracy and life skills
- Computer literacy
- Study skills
- Compassionate and caring.
Successful applicants will be required:
- To sign an agreement with the Department of Health
- To attend lectures
- Be prepared to participate in Work Integrated Learning (WIL) which includes shifts and working on public holidays, weekends and nights in Gauteng Department of Health hospitals and clinics as part of the program requirements.
NB. Gauteng Department of Health will offer financial assistance to successful candidates in the form of a bursary
How to Apply
- Applications must be done on the GPG Professional Job Centre system before or on the 31st July 2022
- Certified documents will be uploaded on the system, however you will be required to take supporting documents to the selection centre should you be shortlisted.
- No hand delivered or emailed applications will be accepted, all applications must be done online.
The link below will take you to the GPG Professional Job Centre website, You will be required to register a profile on the system before you can apply.
Apply Online for the Gauteng Department Of Health: Nurse Intake 2023
4 Replies to “Nursing Applications for 2023 intake (Department of Health Bursary)”
Hi would you mind letting me know which hosting company you’re using? I’ve loaded your blog in 3 completely different browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most. Can you recommend a good hosting provider at a honest price? Cheers, I appreciate it!
Out of my observation, shopping for technology online may be easily expensive, however there are some how-to’s that you can use to acquire the best discounts. There are constantly ways to discover discount deals that could help make one to possess the best electronic products products at the lowest prices. Interesting blog post.
Hi, I think your site might be having browser compatibility issues. When I look at your blog site in Chrome, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that, amazing blog!
You need to participate in a contest for among the best blogs on the web. I will suggest this website!