Applications for admission to undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas & degrees) for the 2023 academic year will be open from 1 September to 14 October 2022.
Who must apply?
- Everyone wanting to start a new qualification must apply for admission. This includes first-time Unisa applicants and Unisa students changing to a new qualification and/or specialisation.
- If you are completing a higher certificate, you must apply for admission if you want to continue with further undergraduate studies.
- You must re-apply for admission if you previously applied for admission and were offered a space, but did not accept the offer and/or did not register for any reason.
Everyone planning to enrol for classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement must apply for admission.
The application process
- You may apply for a maximum of two qualifications, ranked in order of preference (although you may only register for one should both of your qualifications be successful).
- Unisa will inform you of the outcome of your application. If successful, Unisa will indicate for which qualification you have been accepted and will offer you a space for the period for which you have applied (eg semester 1).
- You must accept or decline Unisa’s offer within the prescribed period of time. If you miss this deadline, Unisa will withdraw the offer and give your space to another applicant.
- First-time applicants to Unisa will be required to complete the First-Year Experience MOOC (massive open online course) before being able to accept Unisa’s offer.
- You may only accept one offer. This means that when you accept an offer for one qualification (irrespective of whether it is your first or second qualification of choice), the other offer will automatically fall away.
- If you accept Unisa’s offer, you must register for the period for which you have been granted admission. Should you not register for the relevant semester of study, you will need to re-apply for admission during the next application period.
Pay the application fee once you’ve received a student number from Unisa
- R125 for online applications
- Use the student number you receive from Unisa AND the application fee reference number (ie YOUR STUDENT NUMBER 5370810030)
- Send the proof of payment to email@example.com
- Visit www.unisa.ac.za/paymentinfo for banking details and payment information
This fee is non-refundable even if you decide not to study through Unisa, do not qualify for admission to Unisa or cannot be offered a space due to limited spaces available. Unisa does not accept cash at any of its offices.
The due date for the application fee is the closing date for the application period. Any application submitted without an application fee paid on time will not be processed. Please ensure that you keep a copy of your proof of payment.
Make sure that your application is complete
If your application for admission to study through Unisa is incomplete, you will have to re-apply during the next application period.