Mintek – Internship Posts Applications (Three years contract)
Mintek invites unemployed youth to apply for Internship Programme 2023 / 2025.
The purpose is to provide practical work experience to students who have completed their degree.
- Originate and design of graphic material for reprographic/print and electronic media.
- Originate, design and produce digital presentations, maps, charts, logos, tech drawings and digital material for the website.
- Page design and lay-out for print and electronic newsletters.
- Design and preparation of artwork for printed and electronic media
- Scanning of various materials (documents, negatives, positives, transparencies), conversion between file formats and image optimisation to suit different end users.
- Use computer software to generate new images.
- Mark up, paste, and assemble final layouts to prepare layouts for printer.
- Draw and print charts, graphs, illustrations, and other artwork, using computer.
- Confer with clients to discuss and determine layout design.
- Key information into computer equipment to create layouts for client.
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with clients and/or head and making necessary changes.
- Study illustrations and photographs to plan presentation of materials, products, or services.
- Prepare notes and instructions for workers who assemble and prepare final layouts for printing.
- Develop negatives and prints to produce layout photographs, using negative and print developing equipment and tools.
- Photograph layouts, using camera, to make layout prints for supervisors or clients
JOB KNOWLEDGE /SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Computer Literacy in:
Adobe Suite in Design, Photoshop, Illustrator and Digital Apps,
MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of photography
- Flexibility between digital and print media
- Sound communication skills
- Good client interface skills
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be willing to work overtime when required
- Fluent is spoken and written English
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent (NQF level 7) degree in Graphic Design.
- Excellent academic record: 60% average
PROSPECTIVE INTERNS MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING AS ONE DOCUMENT:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Certified academic record;
- Certified Degree Certificate;
- Copy of ID
- PDF Portfolio of your graphic design work or provide a link on your CV to access the Portfolio.
How to apply
Click here to apply online for Mintek: Graphic Design Internships 2023