The Department of Sport, Arts & Culture is recruiting young South Africans for the Young Creatives Programme 2023.
The Department of Sport, Arts & Culture in partnership with National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) are looking to recruit young people in the Creative & Cultural Industries to enter a one year National Youth Service Programme called The Young Creatives Programme, mobilising communities and engaging youth in arts and culture.
The successful applicants will be required to fulfil the following functions:
- Implement arts and cultural activities in both Community Arts Centre and schools;
- Mobilise schools and youth formations to be part of The Young Creatives Programme and activities at the Community Arts Centre and their community;
- Implement, coordinate and support The Young Creatives Programme events in the community;
- Maintain relationships with local community organisations and other community youth groups in the
- Administer the monitoring of The Young Creatives Programme implementation in schools and at the
- Community Arts Centre;
- Commit to personal development and growth.
Suitable candidates will need to satisfy all the following requirements:
- Grade 12 Certificate, tertiary qualification will be an added advantage.
- Must be between the age of 18 and 35 years.
- Must be from the creative and cultural sector.
- Facilitation and presentation skills.
- English and local language proficiency.
- Strong communication and youth development background.
- Self-initiator, pro-activeness, with attention to detail.
- Display ability to role model.
How to apply
For contact details and application process check details per province on the attachments below:
- YCP advert Eastern Cape.pdf
- YCP advert Free State.pdf
- YCP advert KwaZulu-Natal.pdf
- YCP advert Limpopo.pdf
- YCP advert North West.pdf
- YCP advert Northern Cape.pdf
- YCP advert Western Cape.pdf
- YCP advert Gauteng.pdf