Register for matric 2022 exams
There are two methods that you can use to register for your matric exams
- You can register online. Online registration closes on the 28th of February 2022.
- You could register manually at your education district office. Manual registrations have already opened and will close on March 12, 2022.
When Will the Exam Take Place?
The matric Senior Certificate exams will take place in May/June 2022. Your exam will be written in an exam centre set by your Provincial Education Department.
This is your second chance so make sure you are well prepared so that you meet the pass requirements. Here are the minimum pass requirements:
- Receive a 40% pass for three subjects, one being your official home language.
- Pass two subjects with a 30% pass rate, one being an additional first language or your home language.
- Receive a minimum of 20% for your sixth subject.
Online Registration Guidelines
When registering online, remember that there are a number of students who are also trying to register. Try to have patience because your application might take longer than expected.
If your application times out, try and sign in again, you will get through.
- Register your account on https://www.eservices.gov.za.
- Go to matric services and start a new registration.
- Upload a copy of your original ID and highest grade passed report. All documents have to be certified.
Once your application has been accepted by the Department of Education, you will be given a form with your exam venue on it.
You should then download the form and take it to the venue. Once you are at the venue, ask about any exam fees that need to be paid.