VBKOM invites students to apply for Bursaries Programme 2023 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the following fields (Undergraduate including Honours):
- Industrial Engineering
- Mining Engineering
The bursary will provide full cover for the following expenses: registration and tuition fees.
Bursary recipients will also have the opportunity to gain vacation work experience and exposure, at VBKOM’s discretion.
The bursary is renewable each year and students are required to submit their semester marks.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 7 February 2023 at the latest and invited to attend an interview. If you not receive any feedback by this date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying towards a qualification within one of the fields listed above
- You must be in your 2nd or higher year of study
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60%
- You must be hard-working and inquisitive
How to apply
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of university enrollment or acceptance (on institutions letterhead)
- Motivational letter to support your application
Applications must be submitted via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the following “VBKOM-Bursary 2023_ university_ discipline” in the email subject line).
(e.g., VBKOM-Bursary 2023_ University of Cape Town_ Industrial Eng.)